#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, February 20, 2015

The Lansdowne Letters

I know you all read blogs out there. It is interesting to peek into the lives of others who share common interests. But today I have a recommendation of a blog that I just adore. You can find it at my sidebar. It is called Standing Into Danger.

Louise lives in Colorado now but is from Canada. Every Friday she posts about her dad who accepted a teaching post in an isolated region of Canada. He left his famly to teach the natives in a small school. There were only just a few families or single men living there and times were tough but her dad continually corresponded and sent letters back home describing his life. Each Friday Louise publishes his letters along with pictures to aid the story.

Louise's father Don is on the left. I so look forward to Fridays when Don writes of his life in that wilderness where the mail comes by bush plane. There is something so touching about living that simple life. Maybe you would enjoy reading it too.

I especially enjoyed today's post about the Northern Lights. Did you know that they made noise too? Louise posted a video to prove it.

 

 

3 comments :

  1. What a delightful surprise, Peggy! Thank you so much for posting about my blog! You are so thoughtful! Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! so it's fundy blue! i'll definitely be checking it out.
    and if you're on your way to savannah... gorgeous city and loved your pictures by the way... but better take a sweater! it's 39 degrees there right now and down to 31 tonight!!! wow. the south is really getting kicked this winter. weird and amazing winter everywhere it seems.
    ok. on my way now to meet fundy blue's dad. thanks peg! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Northern Exposure" (90's TV show) did an episode on the northern lights. seems to me, they had sound. but have to watch it again, to check.

    of course, I never knew they did. so I probably thought the show simply added something.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.