#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Betschdorf, France

 

Many years ago I went to France with my sister and neice. My sister's friend worked for the government in Germany and we visited. Her friend drove us all around Germany and into northeastern France. We stayed overnight in Betschdorf, a little town in the Alsace region. We stsayed at a bed and breakfast above a pottery shop that was in the same family for seven generations. The town is famous for its'blue gray salt glazed pottery.

This little town is out of the normal loop for tourists from USA. It was a quaint town with many shops selling pottery. I bought some glasses and a sugar bowl. For lunch we went to a little local restaurant called The Potter's Table where we had the most delightful selection at a buffet. I loved the schnitzel!

We spent the day wandering around looking at the shops and enjoying the architecture. We slept in feather beds so comfortably. But the next morning was the best. We were invited into a room where the whole table was set with the blue gray pottery. And of course there was the baguettes. Even today that vision is still in my mind.

I love to travel because the memories made stick so well and broaden my mind. What fun.

 

2 comments :

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.