#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, July 12, 2015

I’ve waited for this day

In the midst of winter I’ve waited for this day. A summer’s day so perfect that all I wanted to do was sit on my porch swing and enjoy it. It is joyous to look out at the flower garden, hear the bubbling waterfall, and listen to the birds singing.

flowoer two

How restful it is to have nothing on my agenda. No housework, no matter how needed, can leverage me from my perch. No chore list, errands to run, or meals to make can move me away from the cushion on my swing. flower three

In the winter I’ve dreamed of this day. This warm day..perfect actually..not too hot or too cool.  A day where I could spend it outdoors. How lovely to lose myself in a book and not stick my nose out of it for hours.
flower six

It’s about as calm a day as I’ve ever had. Relaxing, smooth, where just breathing is all you need. flower five

I open my eyes and it’s still there. Bright flowers, flowing water….no snow or ice. Isn’t summer wonderful?


1 comment :

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.