#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, July 24, 2015

Seven questions

I just love this picture of my grandson Dan and Selma.

I borrowed this picture from his fiance's blog...Gretch Runs. It's an amazing blog and you can link to it from my side bar. Today on her blog she answered seven questions and I thought I'd do the same.

If you weren't happy with yesterday what would you change?

These summer days ar just about perfect and I'm enjoying the weather. Yesterday I sat around and read...all day! If I were to change anything I think I would like to have picked up a paint brush and finally do some art.

What is your favorite book?

That's a hard one. I always have many books laying around in piles all over the place. But I am not a book buyer...just from the library. I think Gifts from the Sea by Anne Murrow LIndberg would be one that I would say allowed me to understand women. Once in a while a really good one comes along, a page turning mystery or a great romantic book, and I live for those. Lately the Ice Twins has been my favorite of the summer.

What has been your biggest success and your greatest challenge

My biggest success I think has to be my career. I pursued my education and became an elementary teacher and have been proud of the lives that I have had a chance to influence. I am proud that I have my Bachelor's degree, Master's Degree and 42 more postgraduate credits.

My greatest challenge has to be the health issues that I have had to face. My eye problem and subsequent surgeries were a challenge when I had to keep my head down and half and hour out of every hour for three weeks. My skin cancer on my head was also challenging with its slow recovery and two surgeries. I also have licen planus which affected the inside of my mouth with soreness. Luckily all those issues are the best they can be at the moment.

What would your perfect day look like?

I would wake up in Provence, France with the morning sun streaming through the window of a chalet covered with vines. I would be served a lovely breakfast of fruit, yogurt, juice, eggs and tea along with a croissant. Afterwards my driver would pick me up and take me to my outdoor painting class. Then back to the chalet for a lovely lunch and then touring the litte villages while shopping at small markets. Loaded with my treasures I would return for a small nap while the breeze blows into the window. In the evening I would meet my husband, friends and my sisters and we would all go to a remarkable local restaurant for a delicious meal and good conversation. At night I owuld be so full of good food and good memories that I would fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

What is your favorite memory?

There are so many it is hard to choose one. It is like naming your favorite child. There are many great memories with my parents growing up, things that my husband and I have done together, vacations with the children, and traveling overseas. But if I had to choose I think these would be the top. Boating down the Seine with my sister on a perfect summer evening and watching as the boat turned around and astonished me with my first view of the Eiffel Tower. Sitting in the cafe of a Bed and Breakfast with my best friend being served a wonderful meal while looking out onto the French countryside while opera music played in the background.

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

Ok, here it gets interesting...not really. I don't do crazy things. I never have. I've been one of those follow the rules kind of gals. Here's the only one I can think of. When I was in college I lived with a group of girls for three weeks taking a summer course at the university. The house was on a river and I was taking an oil painting class so I had no homework at all. We swam in the river every day. Far in the distance there was a train track and I pulled my top up and flashed them one day.. Wild, huh?

If your life were a movie title what would it be?

La Dolce Vita because I feel that I have led a sweet life. I have been so blessed in my life and it has been so good. I read about hardships other people have had to endure and I feel so lucky that I have been guided to live this wonderful life. OH, that could be another title...A Wonderful LIfe.

If you could do anything you wanted to right now what would it be?

I would trave again to France and take painting lessons.

I hope you enjoyed this little exercise. I would love to know your answers if you woul like to respond.

Did you know that anyone can comment...just hit the comment button and if you don't have a blog you can respond anonymously...But sign your name so I know who it is>>>LOL!


 

 

7 comments :

  1. Grandson Dan is a handsome young man!!!!!!

    Oh you enjoyed "The Ice Twins"!!! I guess I had a love/hate relationship with it. Nearly quit. But had to find out the ending... ,-)

    Oh I so love it, when I get a book, which I want to just dive into and not come up! And it has been so long, since I have gotten one. -pout- I do hope, that I will get lucky, with all the books I get out of the library... And come across one or two, which I love. SOOOOON, I hope!!!

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What is the craziest thing you have ever done? "

    Oh I have those. But they are not to share. ,-))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh, do I have fun for you!!!!!!!!! And me both!!! Very recently found a delightful blog. And today, she has this post up. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    -doing happy dance- And bet you will be tooooo! Please click on the link and read. And of course, please add a comment. After my comment. Where I said I was telling a friend too. :-))))

    What a find! This blog of an amazing young woman. And she is going to............. Paris!!!!

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that picture too! look at those eyelashes! wow.
    and that he's sleeping with his dog... SO special!
    i enjoyed your 7 answers.
    as a matter of fact... i felt i was right there with you in provence!
    and i too have always loved the book 'gifts from the sea.' all her books actually... but especially that one.
    a lovely post today!
    now i must go to yesterday's. i see i missed it somehow! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you did this survey! I loved your responses, especially describing your perfect day. And I can't believe you flashed a train!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading all your answers but especially your perfect day. It reveals so much of the essence of you with your love of travel and beauty and family sharing food and conversation together. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.