#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I had a little cry today

I am not ashamed to cry. It is an honest emotion and tears can help let out some pain that walks around your head. I was looking for some quotes for today's blog and came across this one. And burst into tears.

I lost my best friend unexpectedly in January. One day I was laughing with her and the next she was gone.

My friend Yrsa and I were very close. We talked everyday sometimes more than once a day. If something came up she was the first one I wanted to call and tell. We shared everything...good and bad. We had been friends in elementary school, graduated together, spent a little time apart, then became fast friends again as adults. I helped her through her divorce and she helped me through my health crisises.

Yrsa was a positive person and always was a sunbeam in my life. She elevated a room just by being in it. She always had a smile and a good word for everyone and was well liked for her bubbly personality.

When I read this quote it exacty told how we felt about each other. She had an artistic side and we talked often about the beauty of the world surrounding us. She and I appreciated the small things in life. We would remark on how the sun glistened through the leaves or how the sound of a rainy day made us happy. It was a special relationship that we had.

And I miss it everyday.

 

2 comments :

  1. Gentle hugs to you.....

    And it is good to cry, when your body tells you, you need to. Release and etc.

    But now, please try to remember the wonderful memories, when your mind returns to her, again. Try to replace a tiny bit of the loss, with the memories, which can not be taken from you.

    More gentle hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh peggy.
    it's all there. in this post.
    and somewhere... i like to think... she knows.
    time is the only thing that makes a hole like that one left in our heart.
    and sometimes not even then.
    i know that hole well.
    much love to you dear one... in your loss of a true sister. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.