#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, March 22, 2020

And how are you amusing yourself?


It was just less than a month ago that Chris and Wendy came up and we went to the Comedy Museum. How life has changed in such a short time. Don and I are self quarantining to keep Corona away. It is so strange to not be able to go shopping or the movies out of fear. The world has stopped as we knew it. It is truly a crisis and eventually we will get through it. But meanwhile we will keep ourselves safe and try not to have too many sleepless nights. I am trying to stay positive and use this time productively. There are always projects like organizing to keep me busy. But sometimes I need to get out of the house so I went for a walk around Marilla the other day. 

It always is good to get out in the fresh air and the mile walk around the lake is just what I needed. The day was over sixty degrees, one of the warmest we had in a while. It has dropped back down into the twenties now. 


I stopped on the far bridge to think about how lucky I am that I can still get out and enjoy nature while some shelter in place inhabitants have to stay indoors. 

On Saturday I got Don out of the house for the first time in a week. We went for a little ride over to the state park nearby. The trees are all still bare and not so pretty but we still enjoyed the trip. We rode around the lake there and saw others who had cabin fever walking or riding bikes. As we rode back through our downtown the streets were empty with no stores open. I briefly stopped in the grocery store and noticed that there were hardly any people shopping. This will have a grave effect on our local economy. 

Wherever you are, please stay safe. I have seen that a a lot of states still have not asked people to stay home and that is the only way we can slow down the spread.







1 comment :

  1. Peggy,
    I have kind of been doing the same thing. Spring cleaning the house, pre-making meals, and redecorating for Spring. Too bad it's in the 40s in Dallas today. But that's more of an incentive to stay indoors. You all keep safe as well.

    ~christopher

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.