#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, March 28, 2020

It felt so good

I never thought digging the dirt would feel so good. I am not one of those gardeners who loves to get dirty. Those who live for planting flowers and vegetables. One who spends time planning their gardens. I am more a spontaneous ..ooh, it looks like there are too many weeds there..type. I love to see pretty though so I do spend time taking care of my flower beds. We had a rare warm day yesterday..63 degrees and I knew I had to get outside. It is really early to start spring cleaning outside but I looked at my climbing hydrangea and decided that it needed a good pruning. I got out the large pop up vinyl garbage can and went to town clipping and cutting and hauling till the hydrangea was down to a more manageable size. 

Before the shed on the back of the garage was covered with vines. I also cleaned up those stubborn old leaves that filled the bed beneath the hydrangea. I cut back all the dead peonies and put up the peony cages in preparation for those little sprouts that I saw popping up. 
   But that wasn’t all. Next I tackled the front walkway gardens. On my hands and knees I weeded and trimmed getting rid of all the old trash from last summer’s garden. My lilies are coming up (too early I fear) and I think those little leaves are grape hyacinths. I emptied the large trash bin four times which might tell you how hard I worked.
    And it felt wonderful! It seemed so nice to do something so productive. There is still more to do but the forecast for the weekend is rain and all next week it will be in the forties. If I can get to a store I need to buy more gardening gloves.  (It seems so strange to have to think that way. In normal times I would just go to the store anytime I needed something. Now I hesitate and try to weigh how much I need an item and is it worth my health.)
    My friends, I hope that you are weathering this quarantine as well and staying safe. Thank you for being a reader.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.