#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, March 26, 2020

It seemed like a normal day

It seemed like a normal day
 The Corona blues

I dressed and put on my makeup
(but my coffee group no longer meets in the morning)

I drove to the post office
(but the streets were empty of people and the sign on the post office door said "keep 6 feet away")

I stopped at the bank
(but the doors were locked and only one sole person at the drive through greeted me)

I went for a walk on a familiar trail
(but very few people were out walking on this warm spring day)

So when I got home I opened the garage door and got out my pruning clippers. I tackled the small herb garden outside my kitchen door. As I gathered all the dry oak leaves who stubbornly refused to blow away the sun hit me on the back and I reveled in its warmth.  I cleaned out the two hydrangea pots and trimmed back the dead wood and noticed the buds already trying to leaf out. 

They don't know the world has stopped.

1 comment :

  1. I guess there has never been a time when it is so easy to say I know, I understand, I feel that way too, about a post and be sure that you believe me. All through the blogosphere that suddenly feels much smaller, much more connected.

    Be safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.