#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

“But indeed I would rather have nothing but tea.”
Jane Austen


These days we find comfort where we can. Even tea in a hot cocoa mug. I am finishing up my loose tea, some from a local tea shop (French lemon ginger) and some that my grandson gave me for Christmas from a tea store in Lancaster. There is nothing better than to sit down with a warm cup in your hands. I thought you might enjoy some tea literary quotes. 

As far as her mom was concerned, tea fixed everything. Have a cold? Have some tea. Broken bones? There's a tea for that too. Somewhere in her mother's pantry, Laurel suspected, was a box of tea that said, 'In case of Armageddon, steep three to five minutes'.” 
― Aprilynne Pike, Illusions

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” 
― C.S. Lewis

I shouldn't think even millionaires could eat anything nicer than new bread and real butter and honey for tea.” 
― Dodie Smith, I Capture the Castle

In Ireland, you go to someone's house, and she asks you if you want a cup of tea. You say no, thank you, you're really just fine. She asks if you're sure. You say of course you're sure, really, you don't need a thing. Except they pronounce it ting. You don't need a ting. Well, she says then, I was going to get myself some anyway, so it would be no trouble. Ah, you say, well, if you were going to get yourself some, I wouldn't mind a spot of tea, at that, so long as it's no trouble and I can give you a hand in the kitchen. Then you go through the whole thing all over again until you both end up in the kitchen drinking tea and chatting. 

In America, someone asks you if you want a cup of tea, you say no, and then you don't get any damned tea.

I liked the Irish way better.” 
― C.E. Murphy, Urban Shaman


Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” 
― Bill Watterson, The Calvin and Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book

When tea becomes ritual, it takes its place at the heart of our ability to see greatness in small things. Where is beauty to be found? In great things that, like everything else, are doomed to die, or in small things that aspire to nothing, yet know how to set a jewel of infinity in a single moment?” 
― Muriel Barbery, The Elegance of the Hedgehog

If you are cold, tea will warm you;
if you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.” 
― William Ewart Gladstone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.