#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, March 30, 2020

Return visitor



Mr. bear came out of hibernation. If you have been following me for awhile you know I live on the edge of the woods and in the past have been visited frequently by black bears. They have come right up to my French doors at night, taken a dip in my little pond, and placed their muddy tracks even in fresh cement. So having them is not unusual. They usually begin the spring by satisfying their hunger with birdseed. And so he/she did. He bit the finch feeder and poured out all the seed. Then he knocked over a metal garbage can that held sunflower seeds and suet cakes and indulged himself. He must have waddled away. Now we will have to stop feeding the birds. We have a large gazebo feeder than once was torn apart by a bear so in the summer we do not feed so he can find other food elsewhere. 
  The rain stopped yesterday and it was warm so I went on a little walk on the Pitt trail. There weren’t a lot of people out even though we can go out as long as we social distance. I need to get out of the house once in a while just for a change of scenery. My sense were working overtime as I listened to the chirping of the cardinal, the rush of the swollen creek. Even the reflection of clouds in a puddle held a fascination for me. Staying home has made me much more appreciative of the little things that I always took for granted before 
     This time must be used wisely. I think every one of my closets will be clean by the time this quarantine is over. Each day I find a little task to keep me busy. 
   


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.