#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, December 07, 2007

BRRRR


Put on your gloves and scarf because it's still cold out today. I walked this morning with my coffee friends. Thankfully we walk inside the fitness center at the University of Pittsburgh. Sometimes I think I'm crazy for getting up every morning so early and going out in the frigid weather. But then I think that is a good thing because not only do I exercise every day but I also socialize with my friends.
When I got home from coffee, there sat Don with a bleak look on his face. He was planning on going deer hunting with a friend a few hours south of here. After he loaded up his truck with all his hunting gear he discovered his truck wouldn't start. He looked under the truck and a pool of gasoline lay in the snow. He had a gas leak. Into each life some rain must fall. He took the van today. He will have to take it to the garage to have it fixed. He used to be able to fix anything on four wheels, but in his later life he gets dizzy and sick at his stomach every time he lays on his back under a car.
At our house we try to take the bad with the good. We know life isn't perfect and there are going to be those days when things don't go right. Life is like that. We have so much good in our life that we are thankful for it all. When something like this happens,we just say "It could have been worse".

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.