#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, December 03, 2007

Snow is here again

Isn't it beautiful! The snowstorm that came today really got me in a holiday mood. Everyone wants a white Christmas. Right? My to-do list is filled with holiday preparations...addressing cards, completing the door decorations...along with the mundane, such as getting the oil changed in the car. I think I'll be doing more of my shopping online this year since it is such an easy way to do it. Later today I'll inventory the presents I have already bought and try to get them wrapped. Seeing the snow reminds me of when my dad bought an ice rink for us...yes, he did. It was plastic sided and he put it on our concrete patio. Then he filled it up with water. When it froze we put on our skates and thought that it was the best present ever! Such happy childhood memories we had. Don always talks about the neighborhood boys going tobogganing on a hill near his house. They would steal oil (remember we lived in the oil capital of the world) and make homemade lanterns which they would set at various places as they climbed the hill with the toboggan. Then they would use the light to slide down the hill all evening. We really knew how to have fun when we were children! What is your favorite childhood memory? Leave a comment and tell me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.