#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, December 17, 2007

Oh, Christmas Tree!

How many of you are old enough to remember this tree? In the sixties it was the fashion to have this "modern" tree in your living room at Christmas time. Along with the tree was the revolving light which bathed the branches in colors of red, green, blud, and yellow. I borrowed the tree to put in my dorm room when I was in college at Clarion. Many nights I would turn off all the lights and turn on the colors and sit by the tree and dream Christmas thougths. My roomate was Greek Orthodox and her grandmother would send up a boxful of goodies to her and we would enjoy homemade cookies and dates stuffed with walnuts and rolled in sugar. Seeing this tree brings back a lot of memories of college...walking in the snow with my girlfriend sharing deepest secrets, traveling back and forth every weekend to Bradford to wait for my boyfriend, now husband, to arrive from Newport RI where he hitchhiked home, and studying for finals. Those were the days when all I had to do was think about myself and no one else. I was so self involved.


1 comment :

  1. Peggy,
    My Mom had one of these trees when I was growing up and she loved it. I have tried to find her another one with the revolving lights and all but have had no luck. It brought back so many memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.