#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, February 05, 2009

TABLESCAPE THURSDAY



Today I am joining the 24th Tablescape Thursday. I've been visiting the blog "Between Naps on the Porch" for quite a long time now and admiring the tablescapes that those great bloggers out there share with us each week. You can link to her blog on my sidebar and go to visit yourself. This is the first time for me. Please enjoy your visit


The table is in the sunroom, a new addition to our house put on two years ago. We are happy to have room for a larger table and love to entertain there. I like the cherry top so much I don't want to put a tablecloth on it.







The centerpiece is a gold tray with a swan, moss balls, a nest, two arrangements of white tulips and a large green candle.














The table is set for Valentine's day. I bought the French placemats on my travels.




The wreath for the tea light is from Michael's.





The fleur de lis napkin ring came from Target.











The black and white plates and cups were a dollar store purchase but look like a million dollars. The red and white salad plate are Fitz and Floyd.








The chandelier is a new acquistion. When we were at Lowe's yesterday I spotted it hanging in an outdoor garden room display. I was looking for something to put over my table that was not electrified. I remember visiting in Denmark and my hostess lit a candle chandelier over her table and it cast such a lovely glow. I am so happy with this one.







































10 comments :

  1. Great table, love your mixture of the plates with the linens. Nice room, love it all. I have those same napkin rings, had to go back and get some, wish I had gotten more. And I have that same print on my dining room wall. Love the looks of your house. Now I will have to follow your fun blog!
    Linda Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, Welcome to Tablescape Thursday! Your room and table are lovely, and the candle chandelier is so soft and romantic! This is gorgeous! ~CC Catherine of "Catherine de th`e Cups", come visit for a cup of virtual tea when you get a moment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tablescape! Those French placemats are wonderful! I saw those plates in the dollar store and didn't grab them fast enough! :-( Love teh chandelier! Great job!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too would have a hard time totally covering the beauty of that table, except maybe partially with those gorgeous placemats.
    I really like your new chandelier over your table. It seems just perfect for the space. This was a delightful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORE the fleur de lis napkin rings!
    ENJOY!
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your mix of patterns & colors & I LOVE that fleur de lis napkin ring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Peggy, congrats on your first TT, your table is beautiful and I love all of your dishes, those napkin rings and the little wreaths on the backs of the chairs, beautiful, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the french placemats, the black and white toile dishes. The Chandy is so wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peggy, Welcome to Tablescape Thursday! Wow, what a great tablescape...I love everything! The napkin rings are sooo pretty...love that design! Love the black and white toile plates...beautiful! I love the little wreaths on the backs of the chairs...great touch! And I'm crazy and about your candle-lier! It looks perfect in your sunroom! I use one out on my deck hanging my pergola and love the glow. Thanks for a great Tablescape Thursday! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty dishes and your centerpiece is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.