#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, July 25, 2013

CAN YOU SAY “FRUSTRATED”?

I love computers as much as the next person but we all can find them frustrating at times. We have not grown up with pushing all these buttons and wizzing from one page to the next. I have had to learn slowly, one step at a time. Luckily being a teacher I had access to computers and could ask for tech help when it was needed. But now I’m on my own.
   So…for some unknown reason I decided to change my password for my email. No problem. done.  Except that now I can’t access my email with my ipad and don’t know how to change the password there. Yikes! After googling all the help I could find and trying several things…it still doesn’t work. Ok, leave it alone for awhile. You know how it is good to walk away from a problem for awhile and then maybe a new solution will come to you.
   So I went to my big computer because yesterday I discovered a new site called Photosnack.com.  I’ve been wanting to make a slideshow quickly and put it on my blog and this promised this and more. So I made the slideshow easily. But getting it embeded on my blog caused me to pull out my hair. It looked so easy…just copy the code and paste it on the blogger site. So I clicked on their “embed” link, got the code, put it on my site and voila! ….it didn’t work. So I tried again and again, and in another way and still….here is where you shout..”Frustrating!” 
    Well, there happens to be a live help chat so John and I had to have a little talk. And , you know what…he couldn’t solve the problem either. After looking at the code I was embeding he said that wasn’t even their code. But I got it by clicking on your link (I sigh). His final advice to me was to remake the whole entire slide show and try again.
     So I went back to do that, but thought, “let me try this one last thing”. So I right clicked on the code and then embeded it in the blog and Voila!
   Do you see it at the sidebar? I did it.
To start the show just click on the little speaker in the left top corner. I’m happy with the show, hope you enjoy it.
   When I’m in a better mood I’ll tackle the password issue.
frustrated computer photo: Frustrated Computer Guy frustrated-cartoon-300x242_zpscac02328.jpg

2 comments :

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On your iPad: Go to your settings icon ( the gear wheels in gray) Scroll down and click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Click on the name of your email (AOL, Gmail, etc.) Click on Account and your email address. Highlight the dots next to Password and type in your new password. Click Done. That should do it. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.