#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Life at five below

The bed felt so warm and cozy this morning and I could hardly bring myself to getting up. I laid there soaking up the warmth while Top Gun sat patiently beside me waiting for the movement that would indicate that I was finally getting up. It wasn't always that way. He used to stand at the foot of the bed meowing continually until I yelled at him to stop.  Then he changed his tactics and jumped up on the bed and nibbled at my exposed fingers and used his claws to try to pull the covers away from me. I wasn't so keen on that either so now if he sees my eyes closed..sometimes I just pretend to be sleeping..he walks on top of me and lays down beside me staring into my face. But as soon as he sense wiggling he bumps his head against my face in an attempt to get me moving. 
  While all this is going on Sadie is content under the covers. She used to tunnel her way out and chase Top Gun down but with these cold mornings even her jealousy can't get her to move from her comfy state. 
  Then I get up and both animals hop out of bed and follow me to the bathroom rubbing my legs while I am on the toilet and fighting with each other to see who can command my attention the most. Then we walk toward the kitchen and ritually Sadie goes outside and Top Gun heads toward his dishes for his morning feast. 
   The thermometer read five below this morning and Sadie didn't stay out long. On most mornings she comes back in the house and hops up on the back of the couch in the sunroom to spy outside and look for activity. But today she immediately ran back to bed with Don and nosed under the covers once more. 
   Coffee with my friends was cancelled this morning because of the cold but I am going out for a doctor's appointment this morning. Later on I might make some vegetable soup from a recipe I found this morning on a blog. 
   It will be another cold day here. I'll be the one curled up with my blanket and reading a book. 
I hope that wherever you are that you are warm and entertained today. 

2 comments :

  1. Hi Peggy! I loved this post! Your Top Gun is a character! I'd love to have a kitty, but felines love Terry way more than he loves them. I hope you are staying safe and warm. It's cold here, but not as bad as where you are. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm about to head out of the house for the first time since I had oral surgery last Wed. I'm going to meet my trainer for a low key session. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. could just PICTURE all this happening! you have a smart kitty.
    and a very smart sadie! smart enough to know to get all cozy and warm again!
    we're frigid here too... but no snow. we're into drought again. no moisture for months now. hard on everything. and there you are... covered up in it! not fair to either of us! LOL. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.