#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, January 04, 2014

The time for home

Winter," Edith Sitwell wrote, "is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home."


Are you finding yourself more relaxed these days? I love January. You can finally exhale and say aah.  All the December rush is over.  Now you can sit quietly and contemplate, planning your adventures for the new year. 
  I find myself moving slowly. I'm in no rush to put things away so gradually I am carrying things to the back room. I didn't put out as many decorations this year. I plan on going through the remaining ones to cull out unwanted ones. The Christmas bins seem to take up most of the space in the attic. It's time for some of them to go. These days I don't seem to have a problem throwing things out or taking them to the goodwill. I don't have an attachment to things. 
   I have organizing plans for the new year. But for now I need to just relax, read and enjoy 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.