#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, August 17, 2015

A HIDDEN TREASURE

 

When I was cleaning the basement I unearth this hidden treasure. I had found this old too box at a garage sale and fell in love with its green patina. It was rusted in just the right way and I knew it had to come home with me.


 

I filled it with natural materials...stones, textured balls and grass like moss as well as faux seaweed. It seemed just the right thing for the end of summer.

I sat it on a textured place mat and put my favorite William Sonoma bird placemats on the end of the table. I love the little birdcage napkin rings I found a while ago at Pottery Barn.

Recently I covered the zebra parson's chairs with a green printed chair cover from Pier One. It's a nice change for summer. (Whoops, pardon the fit..I didn't get them pulled down all the way on this one chair).

I also changed the candle-ier. those are not real candles but ones on timers. I love that I don't have to turn them on each night.

I hope you enjoyed my new tablescape. I love creating vignettes. If I had to have another job I would love to be the person who designed the tablescapes for Pottery Barn or did window displays for William Sonoma.

 

5 comments :

  1. I don't do such things.

    But like to see the fun you have... You who do enjoy doing them.

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you up-cycled that! It looks great, and I love the chairs as well. Can't wait to see what you decorate next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so darn creative, Peggy! I love how you constantly change the feathers in your nest. I've been enjoying your videos. I got to see you on your porch as well as hear you! The August Garden was delightful, and I adored seeing Sadie jumping and swimming in her private pool! I'm so glad that she's feeling better. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty look! And I do search for end of summer changes because I am tired of summer and yet can't rush autumn quite this early.

    But your organic choices are just right. I love how you used the polished stones and think I have a bag I use in vases with paperwhites at Christmas. I noticed the green slipcovers in your first picture, love them. And the placemats are really good with everything else you have there. I've learned that changing a few things on our table just makes me happy, even makes the food taste better! You've given me some ideas for final August days, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the whole feel of this room... the light... the colors. warmth. it's so inviting.
    and i'm like dewena... especially i like the water polished river stones. they always delight me.
    and the candle-eir... oh i just LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.