#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, August 06, 2015

PuT A LITTLE MONET IN YOUR LIFE

 

I had the most wonderful day. I had signed up for a painting class to be held at Bemus Point, NY which is right along the Chautauqua Lake shores. It is about an hour from my house. Don's parent had a cottage on this lake and we spent a lot of time boating, swimming and skiing there when we were younger.

This is the first in a series of four classes. Today we painted Monet's water lillies. The class was four hours and we did it right on the deck of the Italian Fisherman restaurant overlooking the lake. WE were right out in public and people enjoying lunch could also see us in full view.

There was only one other woman taking the class so I got a ot of attention. It was really fun to learn different techniques and I'm proud of the finished project. It was ecnouraging to have a paint brush in my hand again

 

 

1 comment :

  1. what fun! and chautauqua lake is so beautiful. i think i do remember it.
    makes me itch to paint again too!!!
    i used to work in oils and then acrylics. last i tried water color. now that's an unforgiving medium! WOW!
    but i do love it!
    and ... how lovely such a small class! they're the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.