#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Purging

Sorry, I was so busy yesterday that I forgot to blog. It happens. For the past few days I have been on a mission to get my basement cleaned out. I don't even have a full basement just under part of the house. There is a room under the stairs, very small with shelves. A larger space with the furnace and laundry. And a storage room.

It becomes a space where things are put. Things that don't have a home elsewhere go down there. Hobby thing like all my art materials that I have collected. And there they sit...unused. What a shame.

Also there are all those kitchen items that are seldom used but needed..like large rosters, specialty pans, bread maker, fryer, etc. those I put in bins.

And paint storage, games for the kids, old jars...well you get the picture. We all...well maybe not Tammy...have places like this where things live but are not used often.

So I purged. It felt good to go through things and eliminate those things I know I'll never be using again..like the fondue pot. And take things to Goodwill to beloved by someone else...like old purses. And filling garbage bags with just trash or no longer wanted items.

Then the floor was cleaned to be painted as a winter project.

The greatest satisfaction is to look at it all cleaned up and smile. I seem to be happy when things leave the house.


 

5 comments :

  1. Well done, Peggy! I'm happy too when things go; so why is it so hard to let go of them? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caught up!!! I love your posts, Peggy! I may not always have access to the internet, or I may not have time when I'm traveling, but I always make sure I catch up on every one.

      Good for you taking art classes! I thought your "Monet" was really good! And Sadie begging for a walk was really funny. We think we train our dogs, but they train us! I'm so glad that Sadie is feeling perkier!

      As for photography, I don't have the patience to deal with a complicated camera, plus I can't focus in low light, so I love digital cameras. I'm often shooting on the run, especially with candids. I love how cheaply and easily you can get photos now. I did develop black and white photos in a darkroom for a while, and I loved the creativity that came with improving a photo ~ only now it is so much easier and more fun to edit on a computer.

      Have a wonderful day, Peggy! And yes, it's okay to take a breather from regular posting! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Hooray! And in summer time too! Although our cellars are usually cooler than upstairs. :-)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tam will be proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOL!!!! goodbye 20 year old virgin fondue pot!!! LOLOL. well.
    maybe it wasn't a virgin. but I think it was living a very lonely life for those 20 years! now maybe someone else will use it!
    dewena knows me so well. LOL.
    i'm smiling through this whole post. actually. grinning like an idiot.
    WELL DONE! and now that place has fresh new energy. and it will spread! XOXO♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.