#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, August 31, 2015

Last day of August

August is fading and the rich colors of autumn will be showing up soon. I love autumn but I'm not quite prepared for the chill in the air yet. So I will enjoy each sunny warm day as it happens.

The birthday party was a success and the birthday girl had a lot of fun.

Thinking back I remember. My fifth birthday. I was living in DuBois, PA. I have a picture of me at the table with all my friends. Above us were streamers of crepe paper hanging from the ceiling. Another birthday that stands out was my sixteenth when my parents rented a hall and I had all my friends. I was thrilled that my parents got me a red hifi. What birthday was special to you?

 

5 comments :

  1. Aren't they darling! I'm sure the birthday girl was glad to have you there. My favorite birthday growing up was my 18th when I was about to graduate from high school and my parents gave me a luau. But my favorite birthday was a few years ago when all of my children were home at the same time and they did a low country boil out back for the party. Just seeing them have fun together was my best present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, they look beautiful in their flower crowns! I think my favourite birthday was my 7th, we had a fairy party and my mum made me a castle cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aren't they simply adorable!

    you might find this hard to believe. but i had one real birthday party. where you have guests and presents.
    i was three. it was in our back yard. i have pictures of it. i'm in a little sunsuit. remember those?
    after that . . . my birthday usually fell when we were on the road moving. or if not . . . mother always made me a cake.
    and it was just a little family affair. . . with only the four of us.
    i never minded it.
    i thought that's how everybody did it! LOLOL!
    her home decorated cakes were full of love and beauty. and it was more than enough to delight me!
    xoxo♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birthday girls with their pretty headbands are just darling, Peggy! My 50th birthday was one of my most favorite. I woke up at my mother's home in Calgary, went out to get the paper in the snow, and the yard was filled with dinosaurs, including a tall t-rex that said "Happy Birthday, you old fossil!" My three sisters and my mom (my brother was overseas) took me to the Chateau Lake Louise where we spent the night in a suite playing all our favorite childhood board and card games ~ after massages and pedicures! It was some birthday! Heading out to explore Victoria!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.