#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, October 09, 2015

Tick, tock

 

We all have the same twenty four hours in our day. How we choose to use them is up to us. As I have gotten older...and especially since I retired and have more time for myself..I have paid more attention to how I spend my time. While I was working it seemed I was always busy. When I wasn't working I had another job..wife, mother, homemaker. Then there was an empty nest. And now..all the time I want.

There are always ways to fill up my time and I get to choose. I love being on the computer and having all this knowledge at my fingertips is amazing to me. I can sit for hours cruising the web. And I love blogging and reading the blogs of others. And using the iPad or photoshop on the big computer allows me to explore and create. I also love photo art ..and reading...and decorating. So many pursuits. Let's add art to the list now too. Not enough time in tHe day. I have a lot of time...and a lot of ways to spend it.

But then I realize that time grows shorter in the winter of your life. You know friends who ran out of time too soon. Each day then becomes a quest to do what you find enjoyable and appreciate those around you. You want each day to be so that you will have no regrets. So carpe died, my friends. Don't let the sun go down on your dreams.

 

2 comments :

  1. Yes, I very well see your point here. It is one, which many, many people hold.

    May I hold another? :-)

    I've come to desire to not see my time as getting shorter. Days shorter. Going more quickly. Not that much time left, ahead of me. Don't squander a day.. A week. An hour.

    Which adds up to nervousness, panic, hurry-hurry-hurry, running, seeking, doing-doing-doing, rushing, worrying about what one might MISS...

    The sun rises. The sun sets. It always takes 24 hours. Never faster. Never slower. The Seasons change, at their always-pace. Our life has the same natural schedule, as it always did, from the day we were born.

    Do we want to spend our older years, still in a rush-rush-rush state? Trying to experience every thing "On a List"? For what? Why? What difference will it make, in the long run? Really....

    Do what you want to do, as long as you can. Enjoy each day to the fullest. But don't do any of this, in an almost state of panic.

    Just my thoughts...

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I sounded like I was in a hurry I gave the wrong idea. I'm more about savoring every day I have left no rush, no worry. But it's natural to want to experience new things, see new sights, and learn something new.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.