#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Give yourself time.



I am reposting this from my friend Donna’s blog. like Medicine for me.  She is a great photographer and a great writer. I loved this quote from Naomi. A new year is coming and I think we all reflect on how we can be a better person in the coming year and how we can take advantage of every day and every opportunity that comes our way. 

I’ll leave you with these fine words from Naomi Ernest. If you haven’t signed up for Naomi’s newsletter, it’s the perfect gift to yourself. 

 In an interview a few years ago, I was asked the most important thing I’d learned in my career. 

 It’s still true, and it has both nothing and everything to do with creating. It is this:

Give yourself time. Care for your family. Serve others. Read often. Love daily. Keep a prayer on your heart. Fold laundry. Sing. Bake bread. Be kind to those who frustrate you. Wash dishes. Go for walks. Make your bed. And sometimes, don’t make your bed. Cook dinner. Sweep the floor. Make amends. Smile when you can. Cry when you must. Look at the stars. Let ideas simmer—creation comes when it is ready. Meanwhile, simply and humbly live.


Yesterday the family went to see Mary Poppins Returns which was very good. We also went to a great book store to look around before the movie started. I had forgotten how much I love a bookstore. In our small town a small bookstore just opened so I used to go to Barnes and Noble in Erie to sit and look around for a hour. I haven’t done that in such a long time. I loved this bookstore Books a Million and all the selections. I treated myself to a few Bella Grace magazines. Just reading this magazine brings me peace and hygge. 



1 comment :

  1. Time is a most precious gift to oneself, a self healing gift that we all should take advantage of. Thank you for your post which made me think of that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.