#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, December 03, 2018

MIA


Sorry I have been missing in action this past weekend. Don and I went to 
Carlisle to stay with Chris. I planned a weekend with my family including my sisters and Diane’s husband Jeff. 

AS usual I didn’t take the time to take too many photos. We arrived on Thursday with a van full. I brought a ham dinner which we ate on Thursday night. On Friday morning the sisters got up early to go to Harrisburg where there was a huge craft show at the Farm Complex. To say it was huge is an understatement. I have never seen so many crafters in one place before. There were hundreds and hundreds. I hadn’t been to a craft show in quite a while and we walked up and down aisles for hours upon end. We were very reserved in our buying since a lot of it was country and that ship has sailed for us. I bought a few decorations for my tree and some dip mix and some gifts for Christmas. On the second floor of the complex they had a cafeteria set up which seated 600. I enjoyed some corn chowder soup and quiche before going back down to shop in the largest of the buildings. There was local entertainment and we sat down a while to listen to a high school hand bell choir. As we walked around we looked for that something special that just shouted at us to take it home but there just wasn’t anything there I couldn’t live without. After seeing almost all of it we decided to go home since our legs and backs were telling us that we had had enough. Diane had made chicken pot pie and we were grateful to have that all prepared for dinner.
   On Saturday while the guys went to Hershey to an antique car museum we ventured out to shop some more in Mechanicsburg  and Harrisburg. We went to a few favorite places..a florist, a consignment shop , and Goodwill before driving to Harrisburg to Strawberry Square. It started to get dark and was rainy so we cancelled our plans to meet the boys at a nice restaurant and just went home where Chris fixed us his famous burgers. We settled down in his theater media room and watched a cute movie called GAme Night. 
  Sunday we all departed for home after a great weekend of visiting with family. We even got to see Wendy for a while too and she got the “auntie’s” approval. It took us about four hours to get home and a few hours more for me to get things put away. Today was a Giggle Girl day but our hostess got sick and had to cancel. Since I was worn out I spent the day redesigning my tree (more about that later). Now I am going to settle in and finish reading The Mistetoe Promise by Richard Evans with a cup of hot cocoa.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.