#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, December 07, 2018

Winter



My new mantra for winter is ...I love snow. So far this winter has not been bad compared to our harsh winters previously. I blame global warming which has caused the storms to go either above or below us. We have plenty of cold air..in the low twenties here today...but only about an inch of new snow. That doesn’t keep me home at all.  After coffee I went to Olean to finish some Christmas shopping. The choices are limited but I did find a few things. Since I spent so long shopping I didn’t have time for lunch before I had to be at Literary Club at two. We had an interesting program. Rick Fredericks, a former history professor at the University of Pittsburgh presented a few Christmas stories. On was the Gift of the Magi which most people are familiar with. The second was an older story written in the nineteenth century. And then he gave a brief history lesson on the real meaning of the song I heard the bells on Christmas Day which was originally a poem by Longfellow about the Civil War. It was such an enjoyable program and put us in the Christmas mood. (Of course, the cookies helped too). 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.