#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Those little bumps in the road


Yes, I know it looks strange to see the refrigerator doors hanging open like this. But there is a method to my madness. We have noticed that for the past two weeks our freezer didn’t keep the ice cream quite hard enough. I thought it was because there was too much in the freezer and the air wasn’t circulating so I removed a lot of the food to our stand up freezer in the garage. But that didn’t seem to help. Then I noticed that the milk wasn’t staying ice cold in the top of the refrigerator either. It was not warm it didn’t seem exactly cold enough. Then the ice maker stopped making ice. That is when I knew something major must be wrong. 
   I called the repairman but unfortunately he is extremely busy this time of year and ddn’t know when he could get out here. We did get on his list. One other time we had left on vacation and accidentally left the freezer door open just a smidge. When we got back the ice had formed all over the back of the freezer and we had to have him come. He thawed it out with a hair dryer but told us if we had left it sit 24 hours unplugged it would have thawed. 
   So we had nothing to lose. I unloaded everything from the freezer to the one in the garage and took all the food out of the top and put it in our garage. You must know that in Bradford our garage is as cold as a refrigerator.  We unplugged it and are let it sit all night.  Today we will see if that helped any and unfroze anything that was blocked. Wish us luck. 

2 comments :

  1. What a nuisance. Hope all gets fixed soon. Only positive it is winter and cold out side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it working now? I started my baking yesterday for our family Christmas party and when I let the water out of the sink after washing up dishes, the water just stood there. We've had trouble with it for a year, trying plunging and natural methods and then Draino and it has kept getting worse. I was supposed to bake cookies all day here today but instead the plumber, who we were fortunate to get here at 8 a.m., is redoing the entire plumbing under the kitchen sink, to a tune of $700. It could be frustrating except I only have to think about a sweet child we've been praying for who is fighting for her life in her 3rd round of chemo. All else pales in comparison.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.