#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, February 15, 2019

Literary Club


Oh, you beautiful sunny day! How I needed you. The sky is blue with a lot of clouds, but the sun is shining brightly. It’s still a cold 42 degrees with snow on the ground but how the light has cheered me up. 

Today was our Literary Club Election Day Luncheon. The tables were decorated with dolls in nursing uniforms which were a collection of one of our members. She has over 800 dolls and was our guest speaker for the afternoon. She talked about Miss Rose Percy a famous fashion doll who help raise money for charities all over the United States. Our luncheon was a delicious Swiss steak that had such a spice to it that I asked for the recipe. 








1 comment :

  1. There's nothing like seeing the sun come out on a gloomy winter day! Sunshine always lifts my spirits. I enjoyed every bit of this post. My mouth is literally watering from reading that recipe. I haven't had Swiss steak in forever. The nurse doll is cute, and I googled Miss Rose Percy to find out more about the fundraising doll. You share such interesting things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.