#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Winter days


These quiet days are spent mostly with my nose in a book. All ambition to organize and clean have disappeared as my body has gone into hibernation mode. The lack of sunshine and cold weather has drained my mood and my energy. Cabin fever is beginning to set in as I long for something new and different to entertain me. 
   Yesterday I finished the new James Patterson book, Liar Liar which was typical of those books he writes with coauthors. Good, but I prefer the ones he writes alone. I am now reading James Rollins’ The Malta Exchange.
     My sister booked our flight to Hawaii in April and we are starting to plan what we will do and how we will pack for the trip. That certainly lends some excitement in my life and gives me something to look forward to. Chris emailed me yesterday that he has to go to China for work in March. He has been to Switzerland five times and Germany twice. He doesn’t enjoy overseas traveling like his son Dan does. He and Gretchen loved Japan. 
    Another little bit of news...Scott is moving out of the house and has an apartment in Lancaster, PA. He is hoping to find a job in his field of sound engineering there. Meanwhile he will keep working for Sheetz. 
      
    How are you spending these winter days?

1 comment :

  1. Hi, Peggy! I wish you could touch me and maybe pass off some of your ability to relax. When I'm home I can't seen to stop doing. There is always so much to do ~ like downsizing. I wish I could spend my day with my nose in a book! I don't suffer from cabin fever. I think it's because we have so much sunshine in Colorado. Your photo looks so warm and cozy! We had to cancel our trip to Hawaii this year, so I will be living vicariously through you! In a few weeks I will be 69, and I'm panicking at the thought that in 11 years I will be 80. I can't wrap my mind around that! I love James Rollins. I think he is a fabulous writer! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.