#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

When will it end?

I swore I wouldn’t get to this point this winter. But today....I’m done! I may have mentioned that I have SAD (seasonal affective disorder) in February but I thought I would be able to get through it this year with sheer perserverence and saying “I love snow” over and over. 
  Then came yesterday with its sleet and slush and snow and wind. It was a miserable day. Of course I went out to coffee in the morning. As I drove down the highway that goes through the heart of our town I couldn’t help thinking that I should have stayed at home. The snowplow and plowed...but only the passing lane so the other lane was filled with slush. If you’ve ever driven in winter weather you would know that slush can be worse than ice sometimes because it pulls your car and there is no traction. So I rode in the fast lane (only I went very slow). 
     Next we had a financial review with our insurance man which went well but nothing I wanted to do on that blustery day. To make matters worse our bathroom sink drain had been going down too slowly and Don tried to fix it. He needed a part that could only be found in the next town and half hour away which meant we had to travel in that horrible sleet to get to Home Depot. To make sure the trip wasn’t a total loss we had lunch at Applebee’s and I stopped at the library and got a bagful of books. I was very glad to get back home safely. 
   But this morning really did me in. There was such a snowstorm and the snow was coming down so hard that you couldn’t even see the nearby buildings from inside the restaurant. But by the time coffee was over it had let up enough for me to go to Walmart and exercise. 
   So I’m going to treat myself to a day of doing nothing but reading. Tomorrow I’ll get over my funk!





                              


3 comments :

  1. So sorry Peg about the Seasonal Effective Disorder. I don't have it and secretly enjoy the cold snowy days, taking advantage of having an excuse to stay home. I have been rereading the Mitford books from the beginning. I do love the summer time story line and am about to reread the book about the year they spent on the Outer Banks.I also am reading my gardening books and magazines getting ready on paper to start gardening.

    After 2 days of prescription my, back seems to feel a little better. I want this to work and I am following the doctors directions to rest, no heavy lifting and do not pick up anything that is on the floor.

    John is pitching in doing all the cooking and very basic cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what you need to do, Peggy. We all need a day like that every once in a while but especially when the weather gets us down. We haven't had much real winter and I tend to need a day off more in hot August days when it seems as if autumn will never come. But they do wonders to restore a little energy. You enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bleak picture said it all, and unfortunately I know just how miserable that weather is! I'm glad that you made it home okay, and hopefully, Don has the sink under control. I hope that you had a relaxing and rewarding day of reading. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.