#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Things I don’t like about winter


I went out this morning. Even though it was cold and snowy I still go out every morning to meet my friends. Some think I’m crazy to go out like that every day even in bad weather but it is my salvation. I’ve never been one to sit around and that is what I do on days that I don’t go to coffee. If you live where it doesn’t snow much maybe you can’t relate to this huge pile of snow outside of Aldi’s. Actually it’s like this all over the parking lots in my town. They have to put all that snow somewhere so it ends up in big piles blocking you view when you try to pull out. 

This morning the roads were very slippery with ice underneath the snow. If you know how to drive it isn’t too bad. You just have to accelerate slowly and be careful not to press on the gas too fast. It slows everyone down. 

You can see how the ice builds up around the ties and how dirty the car gets with the slush and salt from the roads. It’s something extra that we up north have to content with. Our February has been a really cold and snowy month for us and everyone here is anxious for it to be over.





1 comment :

  1. The downsides of winter are captured in these photos, Peggy! Burrr!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.