#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Again with the tapping

We have a crazy bird! It started about two weeks ago when a male cardinal was pecking at our kitchen window. He was insistent and I thought maybe he just wanted Don to fill the bird feeder. But there was plenty of food out there for him. He continued to peck and peck going from window to window all day for several days. Now he has moved to the big picture window in the front. He sits on the rhododendron and quickly hops into the window making a loud tapping sound. I’ll be in another room and say..what is that noise? Only to discover it’s the cardinal back again. I chase him away from that spot but he quickly returns. Why is he constantly banging into the window? Does he see his reflection and is jealous? I’m not sure. He must be hurting himself by constantly banging against the glass. How do I convince him to leave?There is a dark curtain there, maybe if I move it he won’t see himself. This isn’t a very good picture. I couldn’t get close enough. cardinal 001

1 comment :

  1. Linda Platko Green12:11 PM

    How funny:) I think he is seeing a rival and does not see as himself.


    Or...did you have a family member that loved cardinals and they have gone HOME? Probably stopping by to say HELLO:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.