#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Things I learn on Pinterest

I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was a good idea. Whoever wrote this sure knows what they are talking about. I can't wait to try it this summer.

Am I the only person who hasn't heard of "cooler corn"? As an obsessive food nerd, you'd expect that I would have at least heard of it, but over the weekend I was blind-sided by the simple genius of this method for cooking loads of corn on the cob perfectly. I was hepped to it while visiting my family in Maine . Short story: We like corn on the cob. And with eight adults at the table, that means a couple of dozen ears. We would have used the lobster pot to cook them all, but the lobster pot was busy steaming lobster. Then my sister, a capable Maine cook with years of camping experience, says "let's do cooler corn!" Before I can ask "what the hell is cooler corn?" a Coleman cooler appears from the garage, is wiped clean, then filled with the shucked ears. Next, two kettles-full of boiling water are poured over the corn and the top closed. Then nothing. When we sat down to dinner 30 minutes later and opened it, the corn was perfectly cooked. My mind was blown. And I'm told that the corn will remain at the perfect level of doneness for a couple of hours. Turns out, Cooler Corn is pretty well known among the outdoorsy set but for those of us who avoid tents as much as possible, it's perfect for large barbecues and way less of mess than grilling. In fact, I may
image
I thought this was hilarious!image

Current new goal:
image

Cute idea for Valentine’s day—use Dove chocolates.
image
image

Sweet Baby Ray’s Crockpot chicken

image

4-6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts (i threw them in frozen... even easier!)
1 bottle BBQ sauce (sweet baby ray's all the way!)
1/4 c vinegar
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp. garlic powder
mix BBQ sauce with all ingredients listed under it. place chicken in crockpot. pour sauce over it and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. you pretty much don't even have to stir it... how easy is that!?

1 comment :

  1. Oh, that saying about mosquitos sucking fat really cracked me up. I have never heard of cooler corn, but I love corn on the cobb, so I should try this. Thanks for the recipe, I always need new chicken recipes.
    karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.