#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, May 24, 2015

A look around the Courtyard

I hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. After our frost the night before last the weather is warming up and I am enjoying sitting out at the outdoor table and typing this post.

Almost all the planting for the season of annuals is finished and I'm ready to just sit back and enjoy the rest of the summer. All the hard work is done. Today I thought I would give you a little tour of the courtyard and you can see it at the beginning stages.

Over in the small planting bed by the addition I have planted alyssem. I love blue flowers for some reason and my color scheme for this area is blue and pink. The iron grate you see in the background was for many years in front of my back door to the kitchen. I loved its French look but sometimes I go barefoot and walking out and stepping on it wasn't always pleasant. Then I noticed that Sadie didn't like to step on it either and I decided to use it in a different way. I think it looks perfect here.

Speaking of Sadie here she is...no she isn't dead, she is just sleeping on the warm mulch. Now that she has medicine into her she is feeling much better. It will take a while but already she acts more normal and I feel we have our old Sadie back. She's not ready to be a rascal yet but has more energy than she's had for months.

This is new...I made a small stone planting area and in the middle will be my whirlygig when Don straightens out the pole. Planted there are zinnias, straw flowers, nasturtiums, dahlias, and statice.

Planted out front by the back door is my potager (little herb garden). My chives, parslety and thyme came back from last year. Now I added rosemary, oregano, and basil. Plus some portalucia and alyssum there too.

 

 

This year I moved the window box to the side kitchen window and planted it with gerbera daisies, tall vanilla marigolds and that orange stuff...what is that anyway?

I love the way it looks beneth the hummingbird feeder. Since this post is getting a little long I will save more for tomorrow. Have a happy holiday everyone.

 

1 comment :

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.