#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, May 01, 2015

Dancing with the daffodils

 

 

I arrived home to a lovely surprise. My daffodils were in bloom. Who wouldn't be cheered up by their bright yellow faces? And the other Spring flowers will not be far behind. After a white winter the bright colors are so welcomed.

The warm weather has brought on a burst of energy and yesterday I tackled some cleaning chores. First I went into our attic. Years ago Don put in pull down stairs and a floor up there for storage. And store we did! All the seasonal decorations are kept up there. I'll admit that organization doesn't come easily to me and when it came time to put away the Christmas decorations it was so cold up there that I just pushed them willy nilly So up I went and pushed around boxes and bins. It's overwhelming, first of all you can only stand up full height right in the middle so you are either bending over or on your knees most of the time and a backache begins after only a few minutes.

Then there is this problem. I have bins without lids..and lids without bins. How can this happen you say? I don't know but for some reason I can't get them to match up and lose patience very quickly.

And I have waaaaay too many Christmas bins. Each year I take out less and less but still do not sort and discard enough. I swear I will go through it all but when I tackle that chore I get totally overwhelmed. I need a professional organizer to sort through it all. I've read Peter Walsh's books and know the steps of letting go but just going through all those boxes seems impossible to me.

Then there is the fact that there is only a small window during the year that you can work up there. It gets very hot...and very cold. So this time of year is ideal.

Then besides spending time in the attic I decided to deep clean my bedroom which meant getting all those dust bunnies that hide behind the bed and dressers and doing the floor. I washed down walls...by the way I love that lavender scented Pine Sol.

Today I need to go back up in the attic..brave on, soldier. I'm determined to spend time up there every day to achieve my goal of getting everything in its proper box.

I'd also like to take down my curtain and wash the windows. Before that however I am going to coffee and running to the Olean library to return some books.


It looks like a busy day. Where did all this energy come from. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I am eating carbless?

 

1 comment :

  1. WOWOWOW!!!!! yes! I bet it does have to do with carbless!
    it's one of the things I noticed too!
    you know...
    dare I say...
    there is ONE way to fix the attic bin problem.... JUST the christmas décor that you used last year... could become your christmas décor.
    all the rest could be given to charity. to brighten their lives come christmas! that way you wouldn't have to go through it.
    you'd only have a few boxes probably of things that are fresh and that you truly enjoy and love! just whatever you do...
    be SAFE up there!!!! ever since i fell and broke my hand and wrist... i've been a little leery of climbing. :D and i used to be a real climber!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.