#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Sadie update

I am so glad we had Sadie xrayed today to find out what is happening with her. There was a little spot in one of her vertebrae which wasn't bad but we found out she has an ACL torn ligament in her rear leg. That is what is causing her pain. The vet wants us to call him in a few days and see how she is. He did say she can now go for short walks. From what I've read she probably won't have to have surgery. She is a little groggy still tonight. While she was out he also cleaned her teeth.

She also needs to lose more weight. It's our fault because we feed her way too much. So we will be restricting her diet.


 

3 comments :

  1. I'm glad to hear that Sadie has good prospects for a pain free future. I wish somebody would control my diet! I feed myself too many goodies! LOL! I need to lose some pounds, but I seem to be going backwards! Have a good day tomorrow, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh little sadie!
    i'm SO glad to hear it's something that will heal. think of the pain she's been in! and they can't tell us.
    my friend debora who has papito... the dachshund... also has him on a diet. the vet suggested green beans and canned pumpkin. not necessarily together i guess! LOL. but it makes the diet food more palatable for them and it's healthy too.
    papito loves both of them! go figure. LOLOL!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Sadie... So sorry she has troubles.

    And tis the same, with people and with animals... too many treats, etc., end up as excess weight. which doesn't help anything. -pout-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.