#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, May 11, 2015

A look out the window

 

I know you can't tell but yesterday I washed all the windows in the sunroom. What used to be a big chore has now been made easy using a small hand held steamer. I once saw on tv that you could use the steamer for this and thought of buying one but then checked out the one that I already owned and discovered that it had an attachment for that. Who knew? All you have to do is run it up and down the window and the squeege side cleans the window and just a paper towel to wipe up the drips is all that is necessary.

So while I was doing that I (by that I mean Don) took the curtains down. Now they say dry cleanable but I have washed them in the past with cold water on the delicate cycle and dried them outdoors and they were just fine. After a quick ironing they were rehung.

Then I did some rearraning of my object d'art and I was finished with this room.

In the afternoon we went to Don's stepmother's house for a visit with family. We took everyone out to a local restaurant called Red and Trudys. This small restaurant has been in Portville, NY for over fifty years. It's a hamburger joint which specializes in loose meat burgers. Imagine a crisp toasted roll with butter and kosher salt on the top filled with loose meat and onion topped with the "works" (catsup, mustard, onion) accompanied by steaming hot crisp fries. Simple but delicious. I ate a half a roll...the first bread I've had in two weeks. I just couldn't resist.

This morning the grass is wet with the gentle rain that fell during the night and I sit and look out my clean window at the world washed clean. I love this early morning time. I've been getting up at six lately.

Our temperature hit ninty one yesterday but will go down this week. That was unusual and surprising for us. I don't think we got into the ninties at all last summer.

The grass is mowed, the room is clean....looks like a reading day. Enjoy!

 

3 comments :

  1. What a lovely view, Peggy, and such a contrast, cool grey rain-washed outside, and welcoming lamplight and warm comfort inside! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Job well done! And you had the equipment there, all the time. -clapping hands-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THESE TWO PICTURES. yes. i'm yelling!!!! LOLOL!
    just beautiful in every way.
    i wish i could say the same about our summers. we've already had many days of 90 already.
    that's why i'm loving this wet cooler spell we're having. even if it does bring a tornado with it. sometimes is just rains.
    and that is simply heaven on earth to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.