#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, May 22, 2016

A close up look

After the rain I took my camera out to try out the new 50 mm lens. It is so nice to see green outside after the long grey winter.

IMG_5764

These ferns were planted in pots by the lion fountain. Last year they grew…and grew…and became gangly and not at all full and pretty the way I imagined.  This year I will transplant them into another shady spot.
IMG_5769
This  fern had some water droplets on it. IMG_5772AS did the lupine leaves.
IMG_5774While I was taking a picture of the Bachelor Buttons a bumblebee flited from flower to flower not paying me a bit of attention.

IMG_5778

 

IMG_5790

The thyme in the herb garden has come back. I may divide this and move some to a new location. IMG_5806And the ever faithful chives are full of buds.
IMG_5810
IMG_5816

I love spring with all its newness.

“It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.”
Rainer Maria Rilke

 

“It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want—oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!”
Mark Twain

 

“The sun just touched the morning;
The morning, happy thing,
Supposed that he had come to dwell,
And life would be all spring.”
Emily Dickinson

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.