#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, May 06, 2016

MOMS

It is the time of year again to celebrate Mother’s Day. To those of you who still have your mothers I implore you to spend this special day with them. My mother passed away in 2000 at the age of 80. I was so lucky to have her all those years. She was a very special lady. She was born in Georgia and married a northener who brought her to Pennsylvania. But every year my father would take her back to her family to visit. She came from a family of 13 and knew what was important in life. We were raised with a sense of belonging. She gave us roots and family values. How we all loved her.

   I have been lucky to be a mom. My two boys are grown now with families of their own. I am so proud of the men they have become. Being a mother has been the greatest joy of my life. We all are so happy when we can be together. Isn’t that love what life is all about?

 

   To all you mothers out there congratulations on your special day. I hope that it will be filled with love.

 

mother

mother2

1 comment :

  1. my mother was literally my best friend. after my dad died we became even closer.
    i lost her to cancer when i was 25 and she was only 51 yrs old. i miss her to this very day.
    i always told people she was a perfect combination of auntie mame and saint bernadette!
    we had such fun together. she was always great.
    i NEVER went through that horrible teenager stage of not getting along with her. and i'm so glad now.
    not getting to have her for long... it would have been such a waste of precious time! if kids only knew.
    she adored my bob and he adored her. i'm so glad she got to know him.
    and though i have no children of my own ... the marine lets me borrow his son master sgt mike.
    he's back now from 8 months in the middle east as part of a special operations unit for the USAF.
    he's gorgeous! and back safe and sound and i couldn't be prouder of him than if he were my very own son!
    happy mothers day dearest peggy! you do indeed have wonderful sons! and they have a wonderful mother. XO♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.