#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Making a stone leaf

While the girls were here we did a craft. I’ve always wanted to make concrete leaves ever since I saw them at a craft show one time. I looked pretty simple (of course we said that about Gallery Glass and button necklaces too). We always used to do some kind of craft when we were together. After gathering the materials we started working on the project (with a little help from Don).

 

The first step was putting sand in a container. (we used kitty litter pans from the dollar store). IMG_6373

Next you mound it up in a hump and put plastic wrap over it. Then place a big leaf (we used a huge hosta leaf) face down. Then mix up some Quickkrete vinyl concrete patcher with water (that was where Don came in) and put it over the leaf. (don’t forget to wear gloves). IMG_6379

That’s all there is to it. You have to let it set for a week before lifting it out. Then brush the leaf off of it and you have a little bird bath or bird seed holder. In a week I’ll show you how it all turned out.
IMG_6374

IMG_6380

Oh, and I made a flat spot on the bottom so it would sit well.

1 comment :

  1. It will be interesting to see what appears, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.