#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, April 01, 2017

She did not need much

She did not need much, wanted very little. A kind word, sincerity, fresh air, clean water, a garden, kisses, books to read, sheltering arms, a cozy bed, and to love and be loved in return.

   Starra Neely Blade

 

There are a few quotes that I have in plain view around my computer. The one above and these…

 

One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted.  Do it now

   Paulo Coelho

 

Take time to do what makes you happy.

 

IMG_7013

The daffodils are blooming now in my dish garden. I love how each flower is growing like it is all planned ahead of time and I can take time to enjoy each one for what it is.
IMG_7010  It is a cold, miserable gloomy day…only 37 degrees out. I went to a church sale this morning then stopped at the first garage sale of the season on my street. The church sale had done a beautiful job of arranging all the items by groups. I noticed there was a lot of glassware and dishes and it reminded me that this generation does not want all of those lovely fancy vases and candy dishes that we once treasured. I had a good time looking but nothing had to come home with me. I am very discriminating about what comes into the house now. I am more into making memories than gathering things.
IMG_7012

1 comment :

  1. Wonderful quotes, Peggy! And beautiful daffies! We're in the middle of a snowstorm right now, and Terry has to go to the airport early tomorrow morning. He's off to Vegas for a pickleball tournament while I hold down the fort at home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.