#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, October 20, 2018

I’m not the only one getting ready for winter


Can you see the little fellow gathering seeds and nuts for the winter. Almost every morning while Don is having his coffee this little guy comes up the driveway to go into the back yard where we have a huge oak tree. He scurries around reminding us that nature has a way of preparing us for the coming season. Our temperatures will be lower next week and tomorrow the high is predicted to be 38. Yes, 38. Yikes. This weather has an effect on us too. Don is going room by room and closing the air conditioning ceiling vents. We don’t want any of our precious heat whooshing into the attic. There are a few more chores we need to get done outside such as put a tarp over the air conditioning unit and drain some water lines. At this time of year I get a nesting instinct and begin to clean deeply each room. I’m looking forward to relaxing this weekend after such a busy week. I got my flu shot,  went out to lunch with a friend, had my art lesson, had dinner at Sprague’s last night, visited Don’s stepmother, and went to the class on communicating with spirit. A nice quiet dinner at home and finishing my book are on my agenda.....after I bring my winter clothes out.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.