#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Yard sale


There comes a time when you realize you have too much stuff.  I’ve been at that place for a few years now and knew it was time to let go. I also helped the process by not buying a lot to bring into the house. I loaded up my van last week and brought things to Linda’s to have a yard sale.  I had nothing compared to amount of stuff she was letting go of. We spent all week in the heat and humidity carrying things in the van from her basement up to the carport. 

We thought we had a nice selection of glassware, bakeware, dishes, oak furniture and many holiday decorations. 


But what we didn’t count on was a hurricane. Michael made its way up to Fredericksburg and it started to rain on Thursday afternoon. 

Things were safe under the carport...or so we thought until the wind came along with the rain blowing right through all the tables.   We rushed to cover them using a roll of plastic sheeting that Linda had.  All night the rain fell and the wind blew hard. We feared that in the morning we would find things blown down but were surprised that most everything fared well. The books which were covered did get damp but that was all. 

In the morning we woke up before daylight to put some of the things out in the yard. We had the sale for two days. Like all yard sales the customers came in bunches then there would be a lull before more arrived.  Diane is coming up next week with her sale stuff and they are going to do it again.  I’ll be going home tomorrow.  This is the longest Don and I have been apart since I went to Europe and I think he is missing me. It is lonely for him without s.adie there to keep him company. 
I’ve had a great visit with my sisters. 










No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.