#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, October 21, 2018

The season for flowers is over

IMG_4733IMG_4740IMG_4737

On Wednesdays we have coffee at the Lighthouse, a local restaurant and as the summer progresses we can watch the flowers grow along the sidewalk that runs in front of it. These pictures were taken a while ago as the sunflower became too heavy to hold its head up.
This weekend was rather quiet as I stayed home and did those little chores that wait for you. One big chore is getting the winter clothes down from the attic and hanging them in the closet, meanwhile taking the summer shirts away. It is a process and takes quite a long time. I have discovered that I have too many clothes. I used to love to shop and almost every time I went to a great store I would buy a top or two. That snowballed into having a rack full of shirts, too many vests and jackets, and having drawers just too full. As I try to week out I find it hard to let go. Even though I don’t always wear everything in a season I like the idea of having that many choices. I have always loved to dress up and find it fun to pull together an outfit in the morning even though I am just meeting my friends for coffee. But I haven’t bought any new clothes for quite a while now and don’t plan on it. I will be content with just what I have knowing I have plenty to wear. I am hoping the recent diet I’ve been on will allow me to buy smaller size clothes in the spring.  Wouldn’t that be fun?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.