#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

I see summer leaving


Each day is bringing us that close to fall. I am not reminded of that when I see the thermometer reading 84 but all the orange colors in the store are pointing it out to me. Fall is my favorite season but I am balking at letting into my psyche just yet. I want to savor these last warm days as long as I can. I have stayed close to home all summer knowing that I don’t do well in the heat. I haven’t had a vacation since April when I went to Hawaii and I am longing for travel. Luckily my youngest sister loves to travel too so we are looking into a trip somewhere later in October. 
   This month has been my month of maintenance when I catch up on all my doctor appointments. I’ve had my eyes and ears checked, my mammogram done, and next week is my six month physical. All is well. When I see the troubles some of my friends are having I count my blessings. Today I went to Olean for my hearing test. They told me my hearing aids were obsolete (well in not those words...but I got the idea.) I’ve had them for seven years now and love it. The new ones can be controlled by your phone. (Do I need that? No) I declined. Since we were there I took some knives back to Cutco. If you do not know the brand it is an excellent brand of knives, silverware, etc. They guarantee their products so will sharpen or replace them free. I left two knives there. Then a quick stop at the library where I found four bestsellers I’ve been waiting to read. We recycled cans and then ate at Applebee’s. We also stopped at Don’s favorite...KFC... for a bucket of chicken for dinner. All in all a successful trip. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.