#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sisters


The sisters are gone and with it all the daily activity. It was a whirlwind when they were here Each day was busy and still we didn’t get to do all the things we had planned. Just think of all we could do if we lived closer to each other. Everyone is back home and back to our usual routines now. 




  Yesterday was a day of “catching up”. I went to the grocery store to replenish supplies, cleaned out the refrigerator, and washed the sheets. Today is laundry day, remaking the beds, and getting things back in order. I tried going for a small walk yesterday but found my hip was in pain. I probably walked too much last week so I will try to rest it for a while and hopefully it will come back and not hurt. Oh....it’s age I guess. Our bodies don’t take to abuse like they used to. 


The above picture is in Buffalo when we went out to dinner. While we were waiting for our table we were entertained while sitting in chairs surrounding a fire pit. The atmosphere was great. It had been a long time since I was in a bar like setting and I enjoyed the flurry of activity. The pizza was good too. 


The gals entering AC Moore crafts. I found some outstanding fall decorations which I will put away till a later date. It was so fun to see pretty things and shop. At home I rarely go into the stores unless I need something specific. I’ve been trying not to buy a lot lately.




  I’ve had a chance to sit and read...currently Ruth Ware’s The Turn of the Key. She wrote The Woman in Cabin Ten which I recommend and this one seems to keep the pages turning too. I’ve been binge watching Orange is the New Black which is in its final season. You wouldn’t think a series about women in prison would be interesting but I found it fascinating and it is based on a true story.
   My goal for today is to change my tablescape. I have had the shells and starfish on the table for a long time now and I’m ready to see something new. I will tuck them away in their bin till next summer. When we were at Hurd Orchard Diane bought me some French napkins in a brilliant green pattern that I can’t wait to use with the artichoke napkin rings that she had given me last year.

I hope that you are enjoying every single lovely summer day left. 





1 comment :

  1. There are times, I wished I had a sister or two...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.