#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, August 16, 2019

Shooting with Soul

Sometimes all you need is a little encouragement. I have been lamenting that I have ignored my photography. I love taking pictures with my iphone but I wanted to learn my big camera more. I have admired Sarah from the blog Paisley Rain Boots for some time and she has taken time to email me with some encouraging thoughts. She mentioned in her blog about a book...Shooting with Soul...that helped her focus on some projects so I immediately ordered it. 




When it came and I opened it up to a random page I felt that this was a book meant for me. The author Alessandra Cave gives many focused projects that allow you to explore photography. The first project I saw was Exercise 10: Your talisman. Talismans and lucky charms have been worn throughout history to offer protection and good luck. She believes that the power of a talisman is actually in the person who wears it rather than in the object itself. 


She invited us to create a photography that shows your talisman and how you access your own magic! I had recently acquired a talisman when my sisters and I were on our trip. It was a little shop in Ellicottville that sells unique things and when I came across a beaded chain with a circular brass pendant I was drawn to the letters stamped on it that said Oh, Yes you can. 



There was something about it and even though it was made particularly to hold your glasses I knew I wanted it, not just for its practicality but to use as a talisman. I have been trying to diet for a long time but needed some reminder and something present at all times to give me that little boost when I wanted to go off plan. I have been wearing it ever since and it is effective.




 It also reminds me that oh, yes I can learn to use my big camera. I am looking forward to doing more exercises from the this book.  Thank you Sarah for sharing this with me. 

 

1 comment :

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.