#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, April 27, 2014

When things break

The phone rings. You answer it. An every day task. Except this weekend. Out of the blue we had static on our line....and then. No dial tone.  

The phone said...line in use. 

Then it said....no line.  

But when I tried calling it with my cell phone ...it rang. 


Then static. 

Then the dial tone came back...then it was gone again. 

Time to deal with Verizon.  After punching numbers for a machine for ten minutes we started to set up a time for the repairman.  And then they let me talk to a person. She was kind. She was efficient. It was lovely to hear a voice that answered when you asked a question. At the end of the conversation I asked her if there was a way to by pass the machine.  Yes, there is and she gave me the number and told me what to do.  I'm putting that in my address book. It's worth a million dollars to me. I hate machines!

By the way...don't call. The repairman can't come until Wednesday. 

3 comments :

  1. Oh Peggy ~ the frustration! We've been fighting with our internet connection the past couple of days! Everything is awesome until something goes wrong ~ then it's a royal pain in the tush! Have a happy week! And good luck with the repairman on Wed.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is truly odd ...
    i received a call the other evening from a "survey"... she just started in talking her talk ... she sounded like a machine.
    but i wasn't sure.
    so being polite ... i interrupted her and said "i don't know if you're a machine or a person.. but i'm sorry. i'm not interested in this."
    she continued. i said " i'm going to hang up now." and suddenly she said "i'm a person."
    good grief.
    i said i still wasn't interested. sorry. goodbye.
    how WEIRD!!!!
    yes. i'd say that number you got is very important! LOLOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for human contact!!! -grin-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.