#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, November 19, 2018

Be a traveler

Please be a traveler, not a tourist. Try new things, meet new people,and look beyond what is right in front of you. Those are the keys to understanding this amazing world we live in.  -Andrew Zimmern

I was always curious. I think that trait was passed down from my father who grew square tomatoes and giant pumpkins. He built things from wood and screws and never made the same thing twice the same way. In his way I was always wondering, looking for more, learning. I still feel that way. There don’t seem to be enough hours in the day to discover all the wonderful things that are out in the world. Being retired I have the luxury of time....to do just what I want and spend the hours on any pursuit that I’d like. Magazines, books and the computer have enhanced my world as they stack up beside my chair. 




1 comment :

  1. I feel that way, too, Peggy. And I do love to travel! I am thankful every day for retirement, for its gift of time. But I am busy every day! I guess I will always be so, because like you, I'm curious and love to learn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.