#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, November 24, 2018

How I spent Thanksgiving Day.

This Thanksgiving I was home and happy that Chris and the boys came to visit. Dan came without Gretchen who went to Georgia with her mother on vacation. Dan will be leaving for Guam right after the weekend for work. He inspects nuclear submarines and has traveleved a lot for work to places like San Diego, Charleston, Hawaii, and Connecticut. Gretchen joins him when she can and after his two and a half weeks in Guam she is flying to meet him in Tokyo for another two week vacation there. They both love traveling and have been to Europe, Central America and Hawaii together. He is a clever boy. Here is just a sample of an alliteration he made up on the spot when he and Gretchen were emailing. 

if your quest is to query me to quit, quench, or quell the quirky quickquips then you must find the quick quips quite questionable.  do you have a quibble or qualm about my quips?  is the quantity of quick quips quite high?  i'm just trying to meet my quick quipquota?  or is the quality of quick quips quite low?  do they not qualify?  these are my quantity and quality quick quip questions in response to your quick quip query.  or is it a quick quip quiz?  what a quandary!  i don't want this to turn into a quick quip quarrel.  if i quit the quick quips, it would quickly be quite quiet.  

did reading this make you queasy?

He has such a quick wit. He also entertained us with tunes on the piano like the Entertainer by Scott Joplin. 



Scott also got a chance to come. He just graduated and is looking for a job as a sound engineer. He is really into music and still is playing drums in a band as well as temporarily working at Sheetz. 

Early Thanksgiving morning I put the turkey in an electric roaster that I inherited from Don’s mother. That way the oven is free for all the side dishes.  By ten o’clock I had seven side dishes made and in the refrigerator ready to cook when the time was right. It seemed rather easy this year to prepare the meal. 
   We had dinner at one. We were happy that Don’s stepbrother Jim and his wife Sandy were able to come over and share it with us.  She is having her dinner on Saturday and we are going over there.  We had such an enjoyable day chatting for hours and then playing cards. 
  I am so thankful for having my family around for the holiday. 
Yesterday I had the boys help me get out my Christmas bins and I decorated for hours. The theme in the sunroom this year is A Silver Christmas with silver, green, and white. 

Unfortunately I was too busy to take photos so I promise more will follow at a later time. I hope that your Thanksgiving Day was full of love and laughter. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.