#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, January 18, 2015

What a difference

Most of the cupboards are in now.

 

I can't believe in two short weeks the kitchen is almost done.

 

Today they are working again..even on Sunday. They want to move in the appliances, put on the handles, make a new threshold, add a new doorknob and door hinges, and replace the chandeliers.

The painter is coming to put the final coats of paint on too. Now all that will be left is the countertops and flooring. I'm going to wait until the tops are in before I go for flooring. I have decided to go for a quartz top instead of granite.

 

But the best part for me....besides getting my kitchen back in order will be the decorating part. I can't wait.

 

3 comments :

  1. this has GOT to be the fastest remodeling job i have ever seen! it just doesn't happen like that here where i live.
    they overlap jobs and it just goes on forever.
    maybe your secret was doing it in the winter time when they might have had fewer jobs to get done! who knows.
    the main thing is it's almost done. and it's looking beautiful. even though i absolutely love the before pictures.
    but then i hadn't lived with them for 40 years! LOL. i'm happy for you peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy! I've been basically off-line the past few days as I caught up on all the things I was behind in from being under the weather ~ like finally getting the Christmas tree packed away and restocking the pantry. The thing that hit me most about your recent posts was the comment about your calling your friend just to hear her voice. That was like a knife. When my mom died, I called over and over just to hear her voice. And then, about 100 days after her death, the message vanished. I was inconsolable for days. You are not crazy, you are grieving. I was sorry to learn that you have another good friend struggling. I guess if we live long enough we have to deal with these heartaches ~ ache doesn't seem like a strong enough word. Repeated heart lancings? Every day with our loved ones becomes more and more special. I can't believe how fast your remodel is going! Tat's awesome. Can't wait to see the big reveal! Have a good week, and I'll say a prayer and send some positive wishes your friend's way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. Until you've lost someone you love you don't know the depths of grieving. We all handle it differently. I wake up, cry and then go on with my day. The kitchen is a great distraction.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.